My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.keynote2keynote.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 1, 2007

iPhoto Automation

Tonight I busted out some archive DVD's I had laying around with photos on them with the intent of slowly importing them into iPhoto. Once I copied the 10gb worth of pictures onto my MBP I set out to import them. Somehow I noticed the file permissions were a bit botched up though, which lead me to a bit of unix trickery :)

find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Thank god for the sysadmin class I took in college. That saved me tons of time.

With this hurdle out of the way I moved on to creating folders/albums for my pics. I figured that there must be a way automate this and there was! Allan Marcus wrote iPhoto Folder Import 1.0, a great script that creates iPhoto albums from folder names. So if you have all your pictures already sorted into folders that are neatly named just drag the folders onto the script icon and ZING! You got your albums! iPhoto can handle drag and drop album creation, but only with 1 folder at a time. The importer can handle multiple folders :) I expected to only get through a few years worth of photos, but instead I got through ALL of them.

With a bit of extra time I was able to install Keyword Manager (thanks Galley) and start fooling with it. This little plugin/script seems really awesome and I can't wait to get all my photo's tagged :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 4, 2007 at 3:30 AM , Blogger Galley said...

Thanks for the link to the script, Nick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home